Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Mountfield renovations continued

So I went ahead yesterday and stuck in walls for an enclosed shower and a little arch over the tub. Ignore the fact that the arch is very wonky. I will recut it later, after the tiles are glued in. The end wall of the shower is also not glued so I can tile inside the shower. Although now I don't think I'll have enough tiles. Anyway, I think I like it. As pointed out by Karin, there was a lack of height and focal points. I am a little worried that the shower/tub wall will overpower the left wall, but I think by the time the mirror is stuck to the wall with the shelf and other items, it will help balance it out. And Elizabeth's idea of a light in the tub enclosure is a good one too, especially as you'll get a view of it through the open doors from the front of the house (apologies to those who don't like their bathroom fixtures in full view of open doors!).


FYI I purchased the wicker laundry basket from Wicker Miniatures on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/WickerMiniature

Really awesome stuff! And as for the Coxwolds, I sliced through the wallpaper on the shop wall and pulled that warped wall out. My husband helped me cut and glue some thin MDF to it and we weighted it down, so now it's flat and stuck back in the shop! Fortunately, as the wallpaper has a busy stripe pattern, the (rough) cut through the paper won't be very noticable once it's properly glued back down.

Happy mini-ing! I am off to paint the real life house....

PS I think I'll be sad to see the wallpaper in this room disappear. Perhaps I will purchase some more for a future project.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Keli! I have done a bit of tiling, so it is starting to look pretty good (to me anyway!).

      Delete
  2. What a Beautiful solution, Shannon! My faith in you was't misplaced as you have found a Really Efficient layout for your bathroom that maximizes every square inch! I also like the toilet seat next to the sink in the former tub location- good call; more privacy. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I like it too. I need to do some shopping now. I really love the tile layout I had originally, so I am largely keeping it, but need more white tiles. It is still a little squeezy with the sink and toilet tucked into that corner, but I think I can make it work. Xx

      Delete
  3. I accept your apology...but my dolly self is nervous! lol! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks grandmommy! The dollies will just have to make sure that when they take a bath, they have lots of bubbles to cover up any nakedness!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Maria, I am glad you like it! I have started tiling and it is starting to look pretty good. Xx

      Delete
  5. Ahora si, viendo las paredes de madera que has puesto y la ducha parece otra cosa, me gusta..Feliz domingo:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Me too, especially not that it is partially tiled.

      Delete
  6. Very nice solution! Can't wait to see the tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! Just about to post partially completed new tile....

      Delete
  7. Oh very nice. I can't wait to see how your tile looks in the space. The wallpaper is love but a little too busy for such a small space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too Sheila. But I had to make this change. Otherwise it would've bugged me forever! Xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Si! I am pretty happy with how it's turning out.

      Delete
  9. Yes, I like that - very streamlined and a light in the alcove is a great idea, adding atmosphere to that end of the room. I hope your RL painting is coming along well (so that you can crack on with the mini work!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Irene. Looking into the room, the bath gets lost as it is tucked in at the back. But with a light, it'll be more noticable, plus you will be able to see it from the front room, through the doors.

      Delete
  10. I have been in many bathrooms where the tile in the tub is only a high as the top of the curtain rod with wallpaper or paint above that. It is not at all unusual for a tub to be seen from the door in a small bathroom. The room is starting to feel more comfortable, I have no doubt you will get it all sorted out for a pleasant feeling space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's true Karin. Complete privacy isn't something most people get when you have a little house! I decided to tile the shower right to the ceiling and the rest of the bathroom will be kind of dado height, including into the tub enclosure. Just about to post updated photos!

    ReplyDelete