Translate

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Mountfield bathroom update

Hi all. Happy Sunday! I did get some done on this project a couple of weeks ago but have not progressed since then. You may recall I was waiting on white tiles. When they arrived, I realised I needed cream tiles. Sigh. Fortunately I had *just* enough in my leftovers (from the kitchen) to finish the borders same as the original bathroom. Some of the fittings and accessories are glued in now, and a new hole drilled for the light. Still a few things to be done as you can see. I was going to use a different top edging tile. There was one with the set that had a scalloped edge, but it had white on the negative side of the scallop. Given the patterned border tile is cream not white, I thought this was odd. And disappointing. I wasn't going to attempt to cut the white bits off the scalloped tile, so just went with the thin one instead.

It may not have been wise, but I carried the tile across the front of the bath. I think I will add a border to fill in the gap along the top egde of the bath so it doesn't look so odd. But I am tired and today I have run out of steam!

Although it is harder to fit in all the things I want to fit in, I like the bathroom here better than at front of the house.




And before I leave you be, I want to thank everyone who left a kind comment to my previous post. It is nice to have the support and words of advice, and to know that I am not alone is reassuring. It is hard to find the right words sometimes! Take care everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Se ve muy bien el baño a pesar de las dificultades!! Seguro que encuentras un friso adecuado para la parte de arriba de la bañera y entonces quedará terminado el trabajo de las paredes!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar, yes I will play with some wood trim for the bath perhaps. I need to finish the arch for over the bath too. All in good time!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I like the tiles carried onto the front of the tub :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keli. It is much more like the old style bathrooms this way, and I thought the side of the tub was kinda ugly!

      Delete
  3. This bathroom look SIMPLY MARVELOUS, Shannon! I ADORE your clever mix of tiles starting with the border pattern, and working down to the base tile color- it looks sooooo Good!
    The 2 bath enclosures actually make the room far more interesting to look at because you don't get to see Everything all at once.
    Viewers are encouraged to look longer at the finer details up front and then drawn further in towards the tub.
    All Beautifully Done!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I agree - I love the detail that can be seen only from a different angle, an open door or window, etc. and this makes the bathroom a bit more realistic. I have to say it is probably the easiest room I've ever done given that everything was pretty much done for the original bathroom and all I had to do was transfer it to a different room! Haha!

      Delete
  4. Está quedando perfecto, seguro que encuentras lo que te falta y quedará de lujo. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Yes, a little more thinking and doing and it will be done!

      Delete
  5. It looks PERFECT!!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vivian, nice to hear from you! I am really looking forward to getting the arch over the bath and I think it will look just about right!

      Delete
  6. I think your bathroom is going to be faboulous and the colours fit so well , cozy and modern.Minihugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lulaby! I just started reading your blog, so will keep reading through to see what you are up to! I love your Realife bedroom. I had a few Realife kits I'd picked up off Ebay but they are getting harder to find, especially the really lovely sets. Take care.

      Delete
  7. Your bathroom is coming along beautifully - well worth the time you are taking to consider each task. I enjoyed checking out all your little details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene! It's a much easier job when all you have to do is pull the fittings and accessories out of one room and move them to another! Haha! I think this will look nice once the finishing touches are made. Xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely bathroom, love the tiles work and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou Alexandra. After a little finishing off, it should be a nice space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bathroom is looking very nice. I think the design of the tiling is great as it is. It is very well proportioned for artistic composition its individual elements and also within the space. But I do have one reservation and that is about the height of the lights over the sink. Stand a doll in front of the sink and check to make sure for physical clearance such that someone using the sink would not be smacking their noggin into the lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin, good to hear from you! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I need to post an update as I have now added the arch over the bath which has worked out OK. You are probably right about the lights but the tiles are card and if I moved them, I'd mark the surface. The dolls will just have to be extra careful! Hope your eyes are doing better. Xx

      Delete