Translate

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Greenleaf's half scale Chantilly

I have been hanging out for this kit for sooo long. I adore it. And so hence, when it arrived, I couldn't help myself - I had to start putting it together!



It will be French, simple but elegant. I think the exterior trim will be dark brown, the walls will be a beige stucco and there will be a stone base. Many places we saw in France had a hexagonal/honeycomb patterned rocking around the base (or around the walls like in my photo) which I really liked.




The downstairs will have a salon and salle a manger, and the upstairs will have a boudoir and chambre. I am using Bespaq furniture. The half scale furniture available (what little there is) is so varying in scale, you can't mix brands. Such a pain.

As an update on my Gingerbread Cottage, I've hit a snag. I made a small kitchen bench/sink to go in, but forgot to measure the height of the window. The bench is subsequently too tall and can be seen from the outside through the window. I could of course just move it, but I don't like any other options. I may have to ditch it and make a very small sink to fit beside the window. Plus I need more materials.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cute house! Can't wait to see what you do!
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely ! cant wait tosee how you do it,it already has the french look doesnt it :0)
    julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really nice, I couldn't work on half scale as I hardly manage do some decent 1:12 stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little house look so nice, and no one has made a french house in this scale as I know of! It is going to be exiting to follow this project :D
    Synnøve.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exiting to see the french look in another scale!!!!
    I look forward to this project :D
    Synnøve :)

    ReplyDelete