Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Yay for sunny Fridays!

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this post, other than it allowed enough light to take some photos after a good week of bad weather.

I have almost finished the main bedroom of my Mountfield. I have the ceiling light and just need to attach it, and poke the bedside lamp wires through the wall to the back. Then add some accessories. The little books on the nightstand are from Lisa Engler, whose beautiful kits I purchased recently.

The music room is about done, and I thought I had a ceiling light, but perhaps I didn't as I can't find it. Still needs a few accessories as per my standard. I painted those mulberry paper gypsophila flowers and stuck them to the top of the green urn that you can see on the table against the back wall. Really happy with how they turned out. And the chairs need cushions but can't decide on a fabric.

The kitchen has some sweet little apples from A Basket Of on Etsy. They are just so beautiful and a great price.


The entry is almost done, save for the stair bannister, which I have to cut and don't want to ruin, so I am putting that off!


You can see the leadlight door into the living room here:

I am having a few issues with the frront bedroom. I don't love the colour of the armoire and struggling with placement of pictures. I am thinking that I'll put up shelves/a shadowbox for some interest. Here is the dresser in progress, which i am quite pleased with so far. The colours are looking good. You can just see the rug on the floor, and the little square plate, which I purchased from A Lavendar Dilly's Etsy store. Very sweet and match beautifully. 


Here is a shot of the bed with a rose painting above. I made the bedcover with one of those paper linen-like napkins, which has a nice embossed pattern. I love the soft light in this photo.


I really need to put in a solid day or two tidying up a few things in this house, finishing the electrical etc. It is so close to being done (structurally anyway, with just some furniture and accessories to go in as I find them). I have done a lot to the exterior as well, and just waiting on a few supplies to finish that off too. 

On other dollhouse news, I have started the construction of my French chateau at long last. I hope to get a bit further with it's construction soon so that you can see the direction I am (finally) headed. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend. Take care!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon
    I love what you have done so far and your sense of style. All the colours work so well together and the rooms flow nicely. I'm having real trouble at the moment doing that with my current mini house.
    I can't wait to see what you do with your chateau - please post something soon!!
    Have a great weekend
    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rooms are so feminine and pretty! I am really enjoying your Mountfield project.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put things together I would never think of and it's perfect! What a great sense of style you have. I bet your real house is lovely also. Thanks for sharing this blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! Our real house is colourful and maybe a little over the top, but we love it, and we get lots of compliments on it. I hope 2017 is great for you! Xx

      Delete