Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lazy Sunday

Hello everyone. I am hoping to get a little more done on my minis today, but I still have to help my husband in the garden digging holes for a little bit (trying to get a little landscaping done after too many years of doing enough in the garden). 

The mini landscaping for Duddingwell's has progresseed a little. Some mosses and lichens and grass were added, as well as some gravel. Once done, I will add some more dirt/colour to the rocks. The trough has not been attached yet, as it is awaiting its water, plants, etc. I made some espaliered shrubs but they are all too wide. I will need to trim one back or make another I think, as I really want one on this build.



I have finished the initial part of painting the French Robert Dawson panels (with the exception of the doors). I will need to do a little touching up of the paint where I've slopped over the greens, marbling the skirting and fireplace and now debating over aging the whole thing. I quite like it as it is, but thinking that might change!


The photo wasn't good to start with, as the light was too low in my craft room, but you get the idea. 

And lastly, I have put together a few Lisa Engler kits. They are very easy and really cute - a great project for a tired weeknight in front of the TV! I included this photo as it is really good/clear/crisp as a bit of a test to see how it appears on my blog.....


Hmmmm, so far in draft form, it is not coming out well.  *sigh*

I am nearly finished with the prototype for my little French art nouveau shop. So I am hoping to get it laser cut in the next couple of weeks! When I have all the pieces cut from card and stuck together, I will post some pics so you will have an idea of how it is going to look. That will hopefully be by tonight. Enjoy your day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Duddingwell's project. You have done a great job with the landscaping. What are you using for grass? It is so fine and perfect!

    The French room is beautiful!!!

    What great kits. I will have to have a look at what other ones she sells.

    Poor Rik!!!! I had hoped he would be well enough to go to Chicago. I see he has had to have another surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta mucho como avanza tu proyecto!! El realismo de las piedras y líquenes del suelo es absoluto,la fachada de ladrillo es genial.
    Has conseguido reunir unos muebles fantásticos para el interior,estoy segura que será una estancia maravillosa!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shannon! I think that your landscaping is going to be quite Fabulous and I love the gravel between the paving stones and the grass growing up around the trough, too! The brickwork on the facade is really good, and the effect of it and the pavers give a lot of variety and add enormous visual interest to you Duddingwell project.
    The panelling in the French room is Wonderful and the kits for the shop are Perfect! What beautiful labels they have. I love the grouping!
    Very Good progress thus far on Everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Shannon,
    j'aime beaucoup les couleurs que vous avez choisies pour les panneaux, c'est très original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that room and the landscaping

    ReplyDelete
  6. The landscaping is going to be gorgeous, Shannon! Those paving stones and the grass growing up around htem look fabulous! The same is for the bricks on the facade of your house :D!
    But your French room is looking gorgeous already!
    So, there is lots of progress of your miniature work!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shannon
    I love the landscaping and the French room is just gorgeous!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete