Translate

Monday, August 8, 2016

Lovely city of Adelaide

Hi everyone. A little thankyou to those who posted kind and thoughtful comments on my last post. I haven't thanked you or commented individually I'm sorry, but it means so much to me that you did comment. It is hard to adjust to life without someone so dear but we are getting there. It's just pretty lonely! 

On to other matters, my sister and I attended the Adelaide miniature show last weekend which was fun. Adelaide is a nice city and we saw some lovely houses on our drive to and from the show venue. Many of them weren't old but new made to look old. I was pretty impressed with the standard actually - nothing much like it in Victoria unfortunately. 




And from Hahndorf, just out of the city:



I will try to post an update on some of my 1:12 projects soon (although it doesn't look like I've made much progress on any of them!). Enjoy your weekend everyone.


14 comments:

  1. Love the architecture in and around Adelaide! Hahndorf is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay. Quite a livable city, and they have lots of parkland which was nice. The foothills around Adelaide would be nice to explore, very pretty.

      Delete
  2. great photos of the local houses.

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa. There were many lovely homes and beautiful older suburbs that had been well preserved, which I love to see.

      Delete
  3. These are some Beautiful homes in Adelaide, Shannon and seeing them on your drive sounds like a nice bit of a break for you and your sister. Good to get out and about, even and leave the sadness behind you for a time.
    Do Isee you making one of these pretty home as a half scale miniature kit somewhere down the way? ;P

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth. Yes it was nice to get away for a bit, but coming home is hard! I might make one of these yes! I really love the first house and would happily have it in real life. There were some lovely California bungalows too, but hard to get decent photos as many had high walls or hedges. Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Can you see the giant Asian lion statues in front of the pretty house with the red roof? What were they thinking???

      Delete
  5. Those houses are just so beautiful! It sounds like you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been to Adelaide since I was a child, so it's always nice to visit somewhere new! Take care. Xx

      Delete
  6. Hey Shannon, I'm so sorry for the late reply. Your comment prompted me to check my updates and I missed this one, sorry.
    What lovely houses, they are so evocative. I'm particularly interested in the stone work, such beautiful colours.
    Si

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are pretty clever aren't they Si? I am always excited when I see reproduction houses that are well done as it is so rare in Australia. Australians just don't appreciate their historical structures. There were many many stone houses in this area, so it is obviously very abundant. S xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely houses, Shannon. Any are very good for to make in miniature ;-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete