Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Workshop prototype finished

I have been stressing quite a bit about this workshop prototype and workshop in general. I had to have it finished earlier than anticipated so didn't have time for a trial run with a group. I wanted a 1-day workshop, but there is too much to do, so 2-days it will have to be. I struggle with pricing so not sure where to go with that. A couple of small details got dropped off along the way due to running out of time. I think one or two details could be changed, but they are very minor and I will see about that later. It's not quite how I was picturing it, but I am pretty happy still - I anticipated it being more rustic, but it turned out a little fancy! Never mind. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....



18 comments:

  1. Me encanta!!! es un prototipo perfecto y precioso!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Pilar! It took me a while to get colours I really liked, and the ones I ended up with are nice and vintage I think!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great when something works out well after lots of time spent making it.

      Delete
  3. I think it looks fab. Love the colour :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pepper. Thanks for the compliment! I found that near the top of my scrap book paper pile and thought "perfect!". Sometimes hoarding is good. Xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! That's really pretty. I love your herringbone floor and the colors you chose. Lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila. The colours have changed quite a bit since the first prototype, but all have been green. The original real life version I used for the shopfront was a very pale green. Thanks for your lovely compliments!

      Delete
  5. What a Terrific workshop this is going to be Shannon! I love the way in which you have provided enough room on both the inside and out to be able to decorate without it being too much!
    I would be feeling VERY PROUD of what you have done- WOW!

    elizabeth
    p.s. Love the look of the door and window- A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Yes, I wanted to make just enough room for a few accessories on either side, so that people who are new to the scale didn't have to feel overwhelmed. I also figured it could be a current shop or one that was now just inhabited by the building owner. I think I should've tried making the sign writing faded and scruffy. Maybe I'll offer that option in the workshop. Xx

      Delete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful!! Love the entire shop look! The doors and beautiful are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pei Li! I want to decorate it a little, but that is not part of the workshop so need to leave it as is for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much......but you also have a nice,little cottage!!!!
    Mini hugs from Vienna *g*

    ReplyDelete