Translate

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Shop front taking shape

I have finally painted the shop front in a yucky dark coral/red colour. I wanted a more old barn red colour, but didn't quite achieve it. I have antiqued it with a black antiquing medium, which has darkened and aged the front. The rest of the stonework needs some aging now too. It looks too flat.





This picture shows the main bedroom, which I need to re-wallpaper. Everyone at home, here is a tip - NEVER try antiquing in the dark! It does not work. I don't think either the screen or the chair will remain, but I think it will have a chair of some description. I also don't think I like the folding table as the bedside. But I'll keep playing and see what happens!



And lastly, my good news is that my partner and I are off to France in March! Very exciting. We are in the midst of organising accommodation and tours, what we want to look at, budgeting, writing lists, packing. We've never been overseas before. In fact in the 6 years we've been together, we haven't really been on a decent holiday Certainly not one that lasts more than a week. So we are really getting excited! Guaranteed there are gong to be MILLIONS of chateau/furniture/scenery photos!

10 comments:

  1. The front of your shop is actually a very nice colour for a shop. I think it turned out well. Congratulations on your trip to France. You have a lot to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pop over your blog from Debbie's. I like it so much,I've gone through it and I found amazing things! The mouse house is delightfull. I have Lea's book as well but I haven't tried to do anything yet, you work seriously encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon, thank ypu for your nice e-mail. There is an award for you at my blog. Please come and pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shannon,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I love the work you are doing, sooooo beautiful!!I noticed you love Lea's work as much as I do, I have been lucky enough on several occassions to have visited her shop and spoken with her...I'm guessing you have her new book.....she is a lovely lady!!
    I would lov to know where in Australia you are, if you do not want to make it public please email me.
    Kindess Regards,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely house and bedroom! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shop frontage looks great!!
    You have a veru inspiring blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so wonderful. Please keep us posted on your progress. Mini hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Wonderful bedroom and I do love the color of your shopfront too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I want to redo the house's exterior but it is a big job and not sure I want to take it on!

      Delete