Translate

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

One more sleep!

Wow, how did we get there so quick?? Just a short post with a few more pictures of my Christmas cottage. Did I really post the same picture twice in two consecutive posts? ( the red clock and candy dish) Never mind! I'll blame it on the time of year!

Below are some figurines I've painted: carolers, sledders and some kids with a Christmas tree. Hard to capture; perhaps if there's better light tomorrow, I'll get some better photos.

Two comfy chairs in the living room:

A Santa figure and teapot I painted on the little kitchen table where Mrs Noel likes to sit while her gingerbread is cooking:

Another Santa, clock and crockery I painted:

The cupboards in the kitchen, which will need filling over time:

I started adding some snow to the exterior, but it hasn't worked that well. I will show some photos tomorrow. I like it being a work in progress. I think adding things over time can have a better result, as you think more about what you want and where, rather than rushing to fill it up. I like to do something, set it aside for a few weeks and look at it regularly, maybe change it a little, keep looking. Eventually it clicks and you know you have it right!

One other thing. This is my staple tree, with it's meagre piece of green tinsel. It has taken 7.5 years to get this tall. It sits in a Coke bottle lid and is made of nothing but staples. It is quite sturdy too. About 15cm tall I suppose. I wanted to measure it but it is locked in my drawer at work, and having had 6.5 months off work, I've forgotten where I put the key!! Ooops!



6 comments:

  1. Una preciosa decoración navideña!! El árbol de grapas es muy original!!
    Feliz Navidad!!!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful your mini's and I wish you a Merry Christmas!
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Shannon. Hugs,Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Christmas! Love the figurines ( we have the same santa! :D ) I know what you mean about the time of year, I have to stop myself from typing Happy Birthday by accident :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, have a wonderful time.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete