Translate

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A mini break-through

Hello all. Happy hump day. I had a minor break-through over the last 24 hours. I finally got a little carver chair finished. This is one I have been working on from the start, one that I just couldn't get right. It's not 100% how I want it to be (it is in my eyes a tiny little bit too tall) but it is as good as it's going to get! I then altered the design to make a side chair (no arms) and a settee/bench seat. Now that I have this design done, I will be able to use it as a basis for other styles of chair without too many worries. I hope!
 

I can't wait to see the settee painted with a pretty seat cushion on it!



My plan between now and Sydney is to get the other kits I have up for sale in my Etsy store and finish off the almost ready designs (such as more furniture for the doll shop, the French canopy bed, an armoire and a few other pieces). 

Thanks to all those who have posted comments over the last month or so. Your encouragement has been gratefully recieved and appreciated. I feel like I am starting to get somewhere! 

5 comments:

  1. Well done Shannon, they are lovely chairs and the settee is just gorgeous too. I love your design of these and I wish you all the best with your venture!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic, Shannon! Well done. I can't wait to see it painted up.
    Si

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! YOur 1/24th scale furniture, has me drooling! and I think that your chair is perfectly Wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete