Translate

Monday, May 2, 2016

Sydney miniature show #1

Hello all. I had a great weekend in Sydney, attending the miniature fair for the first time. I did pretty well with my sales, enough to cover my costs and buy a few goodies, plus got lots and lots of oohs and ahhs, which is always positive! Had the chance to meet some people I hadn't met but had been in contact with over the years, which was really great (hello Linda!! It was so nice to chat!). I hear that numbers were down though, and some traders didn't do so well. It's such a shame and also quite hard for me to believe - the standard was so high with some really amazing things for sale. Here is what I purchased:

Some tiny paper clips (squeee!):

Some ladies toiletries and two fans by Di (no website unfortunately; her stuff was so beautiful and well-priced):


And a tiny sweet little teddy (made by Di's friend), a tiny teapot and a beautiful Margaret Crosswell bust: 


Had I had more money, I would've bought many more items. I didn't look around too much at the tables as there were just so many beautiful things, it was too heart-breaking!! I ogled Kim's Miniatures table, which again was really reasonably priced (and needless to say stunning) but given my money shortage, no purchases. However....... My husband, unbeknownst to me, also was very impressed by her dolls and bought me this as a surprise!


Being behind perspex in a little box, she is quite hard to photograph, but she is really exquisite. I feel extremely spoilt! Next time, I hope to bring her home a little Kim's Miniatures friend. I took some photos of the exhibits so will post those shortly. Have a great day everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Unas compras preciosas!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pilar! Some very beautiful things at the show.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you had such a great time and I love the fans - they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene. I nearly went back for more of Di's stuff. It was all so beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shannon! I think that you spent your money Splendidly and I Adore All of you lovely new things! :D
    I am sorry to hear that the attendance at the show was down this year. That hurts everybody. But the doll bust that your hubby surprised you with, was a very sweet thing for him to do, and how Marvelous for you to be "spoilt" like that! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth. Yes, it was a real shame, especially for those who made beautiful things and didn't sell anything. I hope that next year they have not been discouraged from attending and selling. And I have such a great husband. He was very helpful all weekend, but having said that, he did actually mostly enjoy himself, much to his surprise I think!

      Delete
  4. Lovely goodies, Shannon. Glad you had a great time, and saw Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Si. I am looking forward to next year. And came home inspired for new projects!

      Delete
  5. Hi Shannon, Thank you for showing pics of items from the Sydney Show. I would love to visit it at some future time. Glad you considered it a personal success.
    Your husband is a keeper, such a nice surprise to receive that gift from him.
    Neat mini things.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine, it is always nice to visit shows vicariously through others! And yes, my husband is a honey! I hope we do get to see you at a show here one day.

      Delete
  6. Hi Shannon, Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm happy you had a great time at the dollhouse show in Sydney! Your husband is so sweet! Have a great week.

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mini haul! But the desk items are sooooooo cool. Mini paper lips make me swoon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool, hey? I couldn't leave them there. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad to hear the show went well for you :)

    ReplyDelete