I have been mini-ing. But I have been doing other things as well. I made a heap of little clothes for a friend for her Blythe doll, and also for a little sister petite Blythe I sent her, and packaging them all up individually in boxes. Here is a photo! Unfortunately I didn't get too many pics of the clothes, but that is OK. The second photo shows most of the items - one big, one little!
For the same friend, I also made a roombox. She is the one who embroiders, and made my doggy cushion you saw in the last few posts. Now I rushed the photos and took them in the evening, so they are not good, but hope you get something out of them. The fire flickers and the stars out the windows twinkle. I couldn’t get the door hinged - it was beyond me. Her father is a modeller so I figured he might have more success than me. Plus it took me so long I just wanted to get it to her. She lives about 6 hours drive away, and I was going to be seeing her for the first time in a very long time, so it had to go to her unfinished.
This is the whole of the outside of the box. A piece of acrylic slides in and out so that dust is kept out. There is also a lid in the ceiling for access from above.
This is the little window that you can just see in the right of the above photo, on the porch. It is lit behind but isn't accessible.
This is the right side of the box, showing the (unhinged) front door. Needs a door handle.
This is the inside view, where you can sort of see the twinkling stars. I painted MDF with sky/clouds then drilled tiny holes in it, poked optical fibres into the holes and glued them there, then lit them from the other end.
Here is another photo, with a close-up of the fireplace. I mostly made this, other than the Phoenix Miniatures fire grate. I love Phoenix stuff. You can't see them unfortunately but the side walls are all panelled on the lower parts and the William Morris wallpaper above. My friend is a William Morris fan.
These are some Nicola Mascall Christmas stockings my friend embroidered for me. Adorable!
And lastly I got a bit done on my Coxwolds. Here is the bathroom almost done, except for the vanity. I have decided on what I will use (well, mostly) now I just need to make it. The bath and toilet aren't glued in. The bath has to have a shower over it, so I will need to magic one up out of parts. That is daunting.
Workwise, I had a very busy November to January period and a quiet February, so I kind of fell into a slump. Finding it a little hard to get motivated. On the upside I have been cleaning and rearranging my craft room. I hope to have it in a good state so I can start working on all my work minis there instead of in the kitchen making a mess. I have also taken advantage of the good weather and got some work done around the home. Nothing exciting, but it feels good to get these things done. I spent a bit of time making up a cabinet for under my work table, which freed up lots of space in my craft room:
I have since made drawers for many of the cubby holes you can see. The small cubbies at the top of the second photo now hold my sticks - architraves, cornice, other mouldings.
And lastly, I purchased a rehab - the Fairfield. It was absolutely appallingly put together. Sooooo rough. You cannot tell so much from the photo. The lady I purchased it from said she had been doing minis for many years, since she was a kid. Ummmm, yup. Anyway, it has had a lot of parts pulled off. I recut many parts, including all the roof parts as the shingles were put on so badly (she had fully shingled all the roof parts, then stuck the house together, so there were shingles on the bits where roof parts were supposed to be joined). I am setting this aside though until I get a few other projects finished off. At some stage I will do a post on what my plans are for this.
Hope you are all well and getting lots of work done on your minis! And if I don't comment on your blogs, it is because I am having trouble with that too, so don't take it personally! I am getting lots of error messages, particularly from non-Blogger blogs and also from the fancier formatted Blogger blogs. Something to do with new IOS updates I guess. Have a great week!